Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Castle

On our way home, we went up Hwy 1 to San Simeon and saw Hearst Castle.



Joseph was expecting it to be like a midevil castle with a moat and a drawbridge and suits of armor standing in the halls. He expected to be bored.

Of course it wasnt, but sort of was, but not really.



And Joseph was not bored when he found out that William Randolph Hearst collected guns.

Dave was in charge of the camera because he is more adept at technolgy stuff than I and the digital camera is part of his techno territory. Payback I guess for me being in control of the car. He is old fashioned and does these sideways shots. He doesn't like to waste film with bad pictures.



So he takes these pictures sideways. I don't know why. If you want to change how the image is framed, you can do it digitally. This way, it looks stupid until you go in a monkey with it. That's fine, but then you have the right side up one AND the sideways one on the slideshow. He can't delete the sideways one. He just can't. It's like throwing something away.



When he is driving, he asks me which way to go and he follows my directions only up to a point, then he loses faith and turns a different way, then we are lost and then he asks me where to turn. I may know how to get where we are going, but he won't stick with me long enough to get there. But then, it's my fault for getting us lost.

Then he takes pictures of retro bathrooms, and when he sees them later, he asks me why I took a picture of the bathroom. At least I get to drive.

No comments: