Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Whats going on here

This is some of what is going on. Here is the state of my craft table. It doesn't show what is hanging in the garage or laid out on the family room floor.

You can see some t-shirts and some yardage of broadcloth. And some floor cloth batiks in progress.

I made a Halloween themed art trading card for Julie, as part of a swap in Beneath The Attic Eaves. I don't think I managed prim, but I like it and was proud to mail it out. They didn't say it had to be prim, just the standard 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 size, and Halloween theme. So, it's a prim folk art group, but they didn't say it had to be prim!

Joseph and I are leaving tomorrow for a week in Reno/Sparks. Dave is staying home because of work. He can take care of Janow and Mary Shelley and Whiskers and Chica and Paula, and eat tomatoes. Tomatoes. Tomatoes.

I did something not very smart yesterday. While waiting for Joseph to return from playing with Aaron, I surfed Youtube. Lipizzan. I saw a video that I would not have watched if I had known. It was combined training, driving. The team went into the water hazard and the vehicle turned over and the people came out and the horses panicked and ran around and around in the water until they fell and the people were not fast enough or strong enough to save both horses. One drowned. They showed the video several times and I kept watching it because I couldn't bear not knowing that the horse was saved in the end, but he wasn't. I think part of me will watch that video until I die.

No comments: