Monday, August 27, 2007

Super Bear!


Here is the Bear that Jana made. She is my mom and bear maker extraordinaire. This was her first stuffed animal. I think she did a good job.

She used a Carol's Zoo pattern. They are supposed to be simple because they only use two pattern pieces, but they are kind of like puzzles because the pattern pieces don't really look like the animal until you sew them together and turn them and stuff them.

I have made many Carols Zoo animals before, and I talked her through it. The biggest problem in the bear's construction was that she didn't believe she could do it. Of course, she was wrong!


She used this fantastic Halloween print cotton fabric for the first one. If you mouse click on the picture it will blow up on your screen and you can see how she stacked the buttons for the eyes and made them look more eye-like, and the coolness of the Halloween print.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love those Carol's Zoo patterns too. I made some furry cats from one of the patterns. My cats turned out skinnier than the pattern picture, but I liked them that way.