Sunday, August 26, 2007

Buick

This Buick appeared at the barn. I don't know whose it is. Probably not the original owner. It was only there for a week or so, it's gone now.





I don't know what year it is. It may be older than I am, it may not be. Some days I feel this old.

I wonder who bought it when it was new? What were they thinking? How great it looked, strong and sleek and powerfull.



Why did they pick this one over others? Were they buying it for themselves? Did they want someone to see them in it and be impressed? A client, or a girl? Maybe they thought their family would be safe in this car.



Was it the start of a new life? A send off for a son or daughter? Maybe for someone's newly widowed mother, so she can visit her grandchildren more often.

Do they, the grandchildren, remember this car?

No comments: