Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Today is the day! Christmas spirit wears me out, so I wait until the last minute. Right now, at 4:45 am, I feel it!

I took these pictures of Janow yesterday. Wearing a stupid hat and having his picture taken was not on his wish list, especially with bits of hay laying around.

From the look on his face, spreading Christmas cheer was not a priority. Actually, when I though about it, Christmas cheer was NOT what he was spreading, it was something else.

On third thought, he wasn't even spreading it, he was leaving it in piles.

When it comes right down to it, finding food is most important for horses, (some more than others, but not much more)and the search for food is a majorly satisfying task, so much so that often they simply eat what they find, even if it's icky. You can always jettison that bite if you find something better.

So that's Janow's Christmas wish for everyone, that you have enough to eat(and all the other things you need)so that you have the time to pursue pleasurable activities.


Like reading, for my friend, and eating, for his horse.

No comments: