Saturday, June 07, 2008

Busy? Still?

I haven't blogged much lately. It's not that I haven't been up to something. I've been up to lots. Here are some photos or things I am working on. At last count(yesterday) I had 13 saddle pads in progress. That's not a lucky number, so I really need to do one of two things; start a 14th, or finish one so that I have 12. Which one do you thing I'll pick?
I have been doing a lot of things other than making saddle pads. Bill Wall is the featured artist on my website this month.


Click here to see some of Bill's work in oils.

I've also been reading some books. A wide variety. I get them from the library, or Sarah gives them to me after she reads them. I and up reading some things I wouldn't pick if I were spending my own money on them. When there is less at stake, it feels less risky to begin a book you aren't sure you will like. The spookiest book lately is one I would not have ordinarily picked, but I was in the supermarket, an older smaller one, and the selection was limited. I bough Heart Shaped Box by Tom Hill. It was about a guy who bought a ghost on an on-line auction site. Very creepy. I read how they made decisions on what to do or what not to do, then ended up doing it anyway. I was thinking "No! Don't do that!" "Oh Geez!" "Bad things are gonna happen now!" It was interesting that the characters in this book were not made of what they thought or what they did, but how they thought of the others.


I have also been spending lots of time going here and there and signing papers. Not to mention phone tag. I hate phone tag. There are some people who never answer the phone, they let voice mail take it. When they call back, if they don't get a live person, they don't leave information. I guess they only deal with people who are never in a spot where they can't answer right away. One person, on being instructed to "leave any questions you have so that I can answer them if I call and get your voice mail" left the very informative message: "I have some questions."

No comments: