Wednesday, November 17, 2010

More Janow

I am very tired.

Yesterday he ate more of his meds, but not all. I ran out of Isoxuprine but the new that I ordered isn't here yet.

Roger suggested rice bran to make him eat the meds. I did some research on it. It's hard to find good info without paying to subscribe the the vet journals. Most of what you find is stuff to help you realize you need to buy what they happen to have for sale, but no real data. Colorado State has THIS. (click here) It was tha best.


Here are some pictures. Janow's girlfriend is Sunbeam. She is also a carriage horse.

3 comments:

The Fab Furs said...

Interesting article. I didn't realize that a horse's diet should be as closely watched as that of, say, a rabbit.

Hope Janow can be persuaded to eat his meds.

Nice that he has a friend nearby.

allhorsestuff said...

Oh look at him, all fuzzily relaxed!
I like the sounds of that, "Carriage horse"!
I use Rice bran pellets for Wa mare, a few oats, and Fastrack microbial suppliment.

She is eating mostly very luch Orchard grass..which has me concerned. I am going to ask for less of that and more of my third cutting..which is a has more filler stems in it. She seems to like a blend anyway.
That info was EXCELLENT!
I printed it off.Thanks!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

The land of white horses.