Monday, February 05, 2007

Twiggy the Stick Horse

BTAE* Issued a challenge: Make something using a stick from your yard.

This is my answer to the challenge. Who would have guessed I'd make a horse?
Twiggy is made of burlap and denim and named after a real horse I knew. The stick was not actually in my yard, but I found it under an oak tree in Ed Levin Park. It's a nature park with hiking trails and fishing lakes, not like a city park with lawns. I cleaned it vigorously with an SOS pad, then dried it in my oven. It is exactly as long as my oven is when measured diagonally.

*BTAE stands for Beneath the Attic Eaves. It's an online group of primitive folk artists. I don't usually make primitive things, but I like the people. You can see some ot the things they have made by clicking on the banner.

click here

You can see Twiggy on ebay in the BTAE listings, or by clicking on this link:
Twiggy on ebay

No comments: