Sunday, February 18, 2007

Design Wall

This is what my design wall looks like now.

I just finished reading a book: Mrs. Kimble, a novel by Jennifer Haigh. It was kind of an odd book. Very good, but not my favorite kind of book, I guess. It's about three wives of Ken Kimble, a very likeable opportunistic liar. I guess it tells about how our minds fill in the blanks with wishes so we don't even notice them. I was glad to finish it so I could move on to something else.

I just started a different novel by Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. It is a very different novel, different from Mrs. Kimble as well as different from anything I have read. It is about the investigation of the murder of a dog by someone whose mind operatates on an entirely different plane from mine. Maybe it's about the investigator rather than the dog, or maybe it will be about how people react to the investigator and how they incorpaorate that(or fail to) into their reality

No comments: