Saturday, December 10, 2011

Good Day


This is Yndi. Pronounced Yindy, rhymes with Mindy, no Mork.
She is my new pony.
Yndi is a 16 year old Gotland mare. She has been a broodmare all her life, but, the economy is bad, breeders are breeding fewer foals because they can't sell them. In Yndi's case, the breeder is getting out of pony breeding and investing her resources in something else.

I think Yndi got lucky. I know I got lucky. Now she gets to be somebody's personal pony and get all the attention.
She is trained to drive, but very rusty. She will be at Roger's for training, to brush up on what she knows and get me up to the challenge of driving her myself. I might have been able to do it myself, but why take the risk? Roger will make sure we are OK.
On the other hand, sales have been bad. Marketing costs have equalled gross. That means they are more than net, and that means I am in the red.

So: This pad and others, and some really cool sweatshirts can be seen and purchased in my etsy shop.
Click here for Etsy. From my store, you can search other stores and see a wide variety of very cool one-of-a-kind items. Perfect when you want to give something nice that they couldn't just go the the nearest box store and buy.

5 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

She has nice pony confirmation.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

She looks like a sweetheart. I'm so glad you found each other.

allhorsestuff said...

Oh Cara, Yndi is so cute. I'm so glad you have her!!
I hope she fills your heart full up with sweet pony love!

Happiest Christmas to you!!
KK

Gail said...

Congraulations!

Hopeing the economy improves...we all need that to happen.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congrats on your new pony. She's darling. How generous of you to give her a new purpose in life.

I'm sorry about the low sales. I hope they pick up soon.

~Lisa