Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It was OK

We had our tack swap last weekend. Tack Swap Day is usually a warm sunny but sometimes windy. This time it was overcast and cold and the wind was cold. I shivered for three hours. I sold some stuff and bought some really nice hind boots with two Velcro straps. I can put them on with less bending.

There were some safety stirrups which I wanted but did not buy. The kind with hinges. I regret it. I am trying to find the person to buy them from her. At 150.00, they were out of impulse buy range.

The decision to sell my show clothes was a big one. They didn't sell, of course. They were also priced out of impulse buy range. But people know I have them and they have seen them. I think I could make this decision because I am enjoying driving, so I don't feel that the loss of dressage and the limitation of riding is like death.
Today it the second day of having a sick kid home from school. Ew.

And I feel a little headachy, so I took a Neurontin. Now my space/time is feeling screwy.

My computer is up and running now, but I have to download HTML-Kit again and do that first. Boring.

3 comments:

:Daysia :Dudley said...

I would like to go to a tack swap, it sounds like fun!! well maybe not in the freezing wind!! :( Sounds like it was rough!!

allhorsestuff said...

Oh...hope you get to feeling better Cara!
I am glad you like the driving...I would love to ride along with someone sometime.
Also good of you to keep that impulse buying down!
KK

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's so hard not to impulse buy sometimes isn't it. Sounds like a fun day though. Feel better.