Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Chicken in Every Pot


Joseph saw Paula in the pot yesterday and I snuck this picture. That is why it is taken through the screen. If she had known I was there, she would have run over to beg.

And then there is Waldo. I decided to give each batik a working name to keep track of them. I have tried numbers and letters in the past and it's confusing. There are so many layers and steps. and a right and left side for saddle pads, that you can't do it one-at-a-time.

Waldo was dyed, waxed, and then dyed. It had one more wax and dye left, but I set it out to dry and forgot. The shade moved and the sun melted the wax, causing it to seep. So I had to boil each side, then launder to remove residue. The boiling took two days. Now I can wax it and dye it to finish.


I've been using leftover dyes to dye my socks. Once the mordant is added, the dye is only good for about an hour or so.


Currently reading "The Good Guy" by Dean Koontz

3 comments:

Melanie said...

All I can say is "Wow!!!!" I like what you have done with the place. ;)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Cool socks! And Waldo looks great. I have a feeling that when I'm ready to dip my toes into learning how to dye my llama, mohair and sheep wool I'm going to be wanting you here to help me. :)

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

OH! And I forgot to add.....reat capture and caption for your adorable pot hen! hehe!

~Lisa