Saturday, February 09, 2008

Back

I have returned form my big adventure, my first Retreat. I picked a good one to go to: Design Outside The Lines with Marcy Tilton and .Diane Ericson. There were 18 of us there, and it was a beautiful retreat center in Santa Barbara. I drove, so I had lots of time alone, by myself, without questions. I also had Cat Scratch Disease, thanks to Mary Shelley.

I went without expectations. Well, maybe I had them, but I didn't know what they were. I made a jacket, but it isn't finished, I had a little trouble figuring out how to do the front. Yesterday I decided that the problems would go away if I lined it. So I have to go back to the store and get fabric. The jacket is good enough, I think, to go in the quilt show that Peacemakers Quilt Guild is having in May. Now I don't have to worry about that entry anymore. It will be done it time, no problem.

I didn't take the camera so I dont have pictures. I didn't want to have to think about that too.

I atarted with such an idealess brain. It was very strange. Usually I have more ideas than I can think through and organize, and I have difficulty picking out the good ones. To be empty is a very odd feeling. I wondered it there were people who felt like that all the time and that it was normal for them. But I started in on something anyway, Marcy got me going. And then I made a simple mistake and I couldn't just re-do it right. I had to think how I could do it differently and make it work. So I did.... and then I had lots of ideas.

When I finish my jacket, I will take a picture so you can see. I'm sure I will finish it(she wrote, hoping that writing it and publishing to the web would make it come true). Then I have lots more ideas!

No comments: