Thursday, November 16, 2006

Christmas Ornament Swap

Already!
Some of us got together and made ornies to trade. For some people, the time of year between Christmases is a waiting period. Mostly, I'm a little bit of a scrooge, but I jumped in on this one to see if it might be remedied.

This is the ornament I recieved.
It was inspired by Janow, but smells like vanilla and coffee instead of dirty hair and a hole in the ozone layer.
I think it is fantastic even without the Christams tree, so I can enjoy it without haveing to 'go holidays'. Long live Scrooge.


This is the one I gave. I hope it is as well liked as my horse one.

It has two sides, and I have managed to get my computer to show both sides in one picture. I am still struggling with photoshop. The biggest hinderance is the lack of time I have to spend on it.

I have done two craft fairs this month and come out RED again. Way red. Last weekend I didn't sell anything over $5.00. Other vendors told me I need to concentrate more on items that I can sell for a few dollars. I said that's not what I want to do. Wal*Mart and Target can beat me anytime on the price of handcrafted knick knacks because they can buy materials by the truck load and their crafting hands pennies per hour. If I buy the stuff to make it with, I've already paid the retailers any profit.

I think I have to rethink my marketing. But I know that until I can spend more time on it, it won't work.

No comments: