Friday, September 23, 2011

Ask Maggie

Dear Maggie,
My owner got me one of those new fangled Slow Feed hay bags. It makes it very difficult to eat my hay. I have to pull it out of the teeny holes one blade at a time. How can I convince her to get rid of the bag and just put my hay in a manger?
Thanks, Tubby

Dear Tubby,
Getting people to change their minds is a very difficult process, usually not worth the effort. You just need a good Work Around. Here is what you do with the hay bag: Thrust your muzzle deep into the mesh, chomp up and down rapidly with your incisors, like a rodent. This will break up the hay so that large amounts will simply fall out of the holes and into your mouth.
Maggie

4 comments:

The Fab Furs said...

Great tip, Maggie, thanks! Now the human will have to come up with something else!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Maggie, you are sooooo SMART.

Unknown said...

If you can paw it you can tear a corner and it's way easier to chow down. Not that I've ever done such a thing...
--Smokey

allhorsestuff said...

Haha! Us horses have a time with you humans...making us chew slower!

Mine got us (Pantz/Wa mares) a " Porta Grazer". Not only for er graze from its mouth sized holes...but it makes a great toy when we are finished..quite in destructable. And no mesh burns on the gums.

You take care now...